TomTom sock

TomTom sock

After deciding not to take up leatherworking to create a case for our new TomTom, I knit a case instead.

Here’s what the final version looks like:

Device not found
Device found
I’m quite proud of myself, as I actually looked at the measurements of the TomTom and the gauge of the yarn to calculate how many stitches I should use. I only used the gauge as it was noted on the yarn and didn’t swatch, figuring that the ribbing would take care of the sizing. It worked, too!

Here are the calculations that I did using the handwriting feature on Evernote. Very scientific, right? 馃檪

The actual instructions are on the project page on Ravelry, if you don’t feel like deciphering my handwriting.

It’s definitely a sock, as I used Judy’s Magic Cast-on and then increased from 18 to 22 stitches on each needle. I thought about adding a flap or some sort of closure, but then I decided that it just needed to make sure that the TomTom was safe when not actually in its holder. This will do just fine, especially as the cables and ribbing will offer some padding.

The yarn was something that I had in my stash, Debbie Bliss Blue Faced Leicester Aran聽in egg blue.聽I bought it back before I realized you should probably buy yarn based on a project, not just a whim. It was a color I had in mind for Gladys, but there just wasn’t enough to do anything with.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s