Here’s a summary of the timeline:
- 1 October 2014 – Emailed application
- October 2014 – First chat (Skype)
- November 2014 – Second chat (Skype)
- November 2014 – Offered a short project
- November 2014 – Automattic declined to continue the interview process
- 11 August 2015 – Emailed updated application
- 26 August 2015 – First chat (Slack)
- August/September 2015 – Mini project
- 16 September 2015 – Chat about project review and offered a trial
- 28 September 2015 – Started trial
- 3 November 2015 – Informed that I was continuing to the Matt Chat
- 13 December 2015 – Offered a full-time position at Automattic
- 15 March 2016 – Started as a full-time WooCommerce Support Ninja
The first try
I was more disappointed than I had expected, but that was that. Life goes on.
Delivering Happiness and my support philosophy
– Excerpt from Amazon.com editorial review
Build all the sites
The second try
- Did I really want to leave the corporate world that was known and comfortable?
- What if people hated me because of my work with Microsoft?
- Did I *really* want to do end-user support again?
Onwards and upwards!
Oh, and by the way – we’re hiring. 🙂